Information & Technology Services (ITS) Division
ITS is responsible for the management and delivery of ICT services that support the University activities. ITS has teams focused on the delivery of core ICT services, as well as teams available to provide direct support to staff and students across the campus.
The services provided by ITS include:
- ICT Infrastructure - provides core network, server, storage and telecommunications infrastructure that supports the delivery of the teaching, learning and research, and administrative functions of the University.
- Client Support Services - provides ICT service desk, desktop and teaching room support, as well as video and video-conferencing services.
- Information Systems Group (ISG) - provides support for the maintenance and development of the University’s corporate information systems; the provision of an integrated enterprise information architecture; project management; business process improvement consultancy services and delivery of strategic ICT projects.
- ICT Procurement - centralised purchasing of ICT equipment, coordination of ICT tenders, workshop repairs and salvaging of computer equipment.
- Waikato Print - provides printery, copying, print broking, MFD equipment management, photography and graphic design services.
- Faculty ICT Support – provides faculty-based ICT support services for staff and students, ICT procurement and disposal, desktop renewals programme planning and rollout, lab management, and assistance to research activities.
o Note: Faculty ICT support teams joined the ITS team in January 2017 after previously
being under the umbrella of each faculty.