Information & Technology Services (ITS) Division
Engage – Enable – Innovate – Protect – Value
Our ICT strategic vision is [what we aspire to]:
"To engage, enable, innovate and protect our ICT services, and empower the University of Waikato to leverage the value of ICT to achieve its strategic goals".
We will do this through [how we will deliver the vision]:
- Engaging with our staff, partners and student communities to build digital capability and enrich the 'Waikato experience'
- Enabling teaching and research excellence, student success and business productivity through high quality service delivery aligned to good practice
- Embracing innovation and exploiting emerging technologies to the benefit of the University
- Protecting the integrity of our systems, services and data via responsible custodianship and responsive service management and delivery
- Leveraging the value of ICT for monitoring performance, managing risk, creative problem solving and improving decision-making.
ICT Strategy 2017-2019
The proposed ICT Strategy is the result of a series of workshops, conversations, information gathering and benchmarking activities that took place during the latter part of 2016 across a broad cross-section of University stakeholder groups.
The ICT Strategy takes a whole-of-university approach. It defines how the information and communications technologies will be governed, leveraged and delivered to assist the University to achieve its strategic objectives.
If you would like to provide feedback on the proposed ICT Strategy, please email email@example.com. Please also see the ICT Strategy FAQ for answers to some of the more common queries relating to the ICT Strategy.
ITS is responsible for the management and delivery of ICT services that support the University activities. ITS has teams focused on the delivery of core ICT services, as well as teams available to provide direct support to staff and students across the campus.
The services provided by ITS include:
- ICT Infrastructure - provides core network, server, storage and telecommunications infrastructure that supports the delivery of the teaching, learning and research, and administrative functions of the University.
- Client Support Services - provides ICT service desk, desktop and teaching room support, as well as video and video-conferencing services.
- Information Systems Group (ISG) - provides support for the maintenance and development of the University’s corporate information systems; the provision of an integrated enterprise information architecture; project management; business process improvement consultancy services and delivery of strategic ICT projects.
- ICT Procurement - centralised purchasing of ICT equipment, coordination of ICT tenders, workshop repairs and salvaging of computer equipment.
- Waikato Print - provides printery, copying, print broking, MFD equipment management, photography and graphic design services.
- Faculty ICT Support – provides faculty-based ICT support services for staff and students, ICT procurement and disposal, desktop renewals programme planning and rollout, lab management, and assistance to research activities.
o Note: Faculty ICT support teams joined the ITS team in January 2017 after previously
being under the umbrella of each faculty.