Welcome to Information & Technology Services (ITS) Division
Our mission is to enable the University to deliver world class education and research, in collaboration with international partners and the delivery of a unique Waikato experience.
ITS is responsible for the coordination of ICT planning; the provision of a robust and innovative information technology environment; project management, business process improvement, consultancy and support services to enhance the quality of teaching, learning and research.
ICT Strategy Development
As part of our information gathering for the development of a pan-University ICT (information and communication technologies) Strategy, we are engaging with stakeholders to understand the key ICT issues you currently face in your business area, what you consider the strengths and weaknesses in our current ICT services to be, and what opportunities there are for the future.
The services we provide include:
- ICT Infrastructure - provides core network, server, storage and telecommunications infrastructure that supports the delivery of the teaching, learning and research, and administrative functions of the University.
- Client Support Services - provides ICT service desk, desktop and teaching room support, as well as video and video-conferencing services.
- Information Systems Group (ISG) - provides support for the maintenance and development of the University’s corporate information systems; the provision of an integrated enterprise information architecture; project management; business process improvement consultancy services and delivery of strategic ICT projects.
- ICT Procurement - centralised purchasing of ICT equipment, coordination of ICT tenders, workshop repairs and salvaging of computer equipment.
- Waikato Print - provides printery, copying, print broking, MFD equipment management, photography and graphic design services.
- Centralised 0800 telephony services for the University.