Infrastructure Team Services
- Physical Network Connections – data network and telephone wall outlets.
- Wireless Network Provision – providing services on the wireless network.
- Data Network Provision – ‘livening’ network wall outlets and provision of network services on the physical data network.
- Telephony Provision – providing telephony services on the physical network (eg analogue, digital & IP telephones, voicemail, etc).
- Virtual Servers – provision of servers on the University’s virtual server environment (Note - most servers are candidates for virtualising and there are numerous benefits for running servers in a virtualised environment).
- Physical Servers – provision of servers that are not good candidates for virtualising or where applications and services are not supported on virtualised platforms.
- Windows and Linux Server builds, configuration and administration.
- Block level storage provision for server storage requirements (eg server C: drives, D: drives, etc).
- File level storage provision for network shares (eg home drives, departmental file-shares, etc).
- Both storage types are available with different service levels:
- Tier 1 Storage (highly available, fast access, short restoration times)
- Tier 2 Storage (reasonably available, medium access speed, moderate restoration times)
- Tier 3 Storage (best efforts availability, med-slow access, best effort restoration times)
- Network Security Provision – firewall management and intrusion prevention measures.
- Anti-virus and anti-malware services
- Mobile Device Management services
- Secure server hosting – data centre hosting of Faculty/Division physical servers
- Directory services (eg Active Directory, LDAP, phonebook, etc)
- Network and application account management and user permissions
- Print queues
- Internet access (eg proxy services, usage monitoring, etc)
- Printing usage tracking and cost accounting
- Services in support of the Google Apps environment
- Terminal Services
- AV Servers and services in support of audio-visual
- SCCM and services in support of desktop support
- Backups and restores
Infrastructure Consulting and Services:
- Infrastructure-related information requests
- Infrastructure-related technical consulting and advice
Who to contact with any problems:
For all problems, please contact the helpdesk
(Email: email@example.com Extension: