Ordering with Campus Computers
When placing your order you'll:
- Assign account (or project) codes, delivery address, notes, etc
- Submit it to your relevant manager or nominee for approval chosen from a list based on the account code/ project you entered. (Plear refer to the policy on delegated financial authority).
- Once approved, the order comes into our system, and Campus Computers takes care of things from then on.
We may contact you to clarify order details, appropriate account code changes; update ETAs or provide alternative options, etc.
To improve our buying power and to cut down on processing time, we try to send only one order to suppliers each day, so your order is often combined with others for bulk ordering, sometimes resulting in shared/reduced freight costs and/or volume discounts to the University.
Campus Computers will:
- Follow up with the supplier on your behalf if there is a query about what is required
- Chase up the supplier for prompt delivery
- Ensure the delivery matches the ordered item
- Arrange for a University porter to deliver it to you in a timely manner
- Record relevant serial numbers
- Issue University inventory barcode stickers where appropriate for Asset/Attractive items (N.B. These are attached to the packing slip we send up and are the responsibility of the consultant / end user to attach for inventory purposes.)
You will be charged the cost of your purchase including (share of) additional freight typically at the end of each month once the item has been received. These transactions will appear in your GL accounts at the end of each month.
If you have a query about the status of your purchase, you can check the ETA status of each line of your requisition in Active Requisitions (at the top left hand side of our Campus Computers Catalogue). Alternatively, please ring or email Sarah Peel at Campus Computers on x4163 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICT Equipment Procurement Policy Document
Please click here to view the "ICT Equipment Procurement Policy" document.
ICT Equipment Procurement Policy