ITS Administration Services
Scope of service
The provision of telephony services to University campus including:
- Receiving & handling of all external calls to the University main number – Phone 07 856 2889
- Receiving & handling of all internal calls made to the University operator – Phone 0
- Dissemination of University information to callers making enquiries eg dates of school terms, student exam dates, campus event details, etc
- Monitoring of the telephony system’s SwitchView console software & University Phonebook ensuring extensions and staff details are current and up to date
- Coordination of operator assisted calls including mobile & toll calls – both national and international for toll barred phones
- Recharging of ITS services,
- Payment of invoices to suppliers
- General administrative assistance such as travel arrangements, general purchasing and records storage.
Recharges for ITS services
ITS manage many of the central IT and communications services such as telephones and internet traffic on behalf of the University, so on a monthly basis ITS recharge the appropriate departments many of the incurred costs for their staff and users who generate them. These include:
- Telephone usage (land line and mobile charges)
- Internet traffic usage
- Charges for ICT procurement
- Photocopier usage
These services are charged on a monthly (in arrears) basis, ie charges that appear in October GL accounts are for September usage. A charge notification is sent to each department providing details of the charges for the month.
If you have a query about how our recharges work or regarding the charges to your account please contact Joan Jenkins on ext. 4464 or email@example.com.
If you wish to change the account code charged, please contact the ITS Help Desk (by phone: ext 4008 (838 4008) or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Recharges for work undertaken by ITS business units
ITS Administration process the recharges each month for work undertaken by ITS on behalf of other University departments. These include:
These charges are made at the end of the month for all completed orders or jobs.
Queries regarding these charges should be directed to the ITS department concerned or Joan Jenkins on ext. 4464 or email email@example.com.
The University Internal Phone Directory:
The University internal phone book is available on line at https://phonebook.waikato.ac.nz and a printed copy is available also which can be ordered via the web page.
If your phone book details are incorrect, please contact your department phone book 'updater'. As details of staff and departments are linked directly to the HR database, changes must occur there before being filtered through to the phone book. A list of updaters is available from either the printed or on-line phone book.
Please click here for frequently asked questions about the University telephone system.